Click to listen to the Windows Media version of
The Spirit of the West
Download Windows Media Player
Listen to the past few shows on our
On this week's program:
#21509 Weekend of February 28, 2015
This week Joanne Wallace share some stories of growing up in a world of cowboys, horses and rodeos, Tim Williams has a hillarious story
that led to one of his finest songs and Baxter Black looks at what goes on behind the scenes between the cattle buyers and auctioneers on
sale day. The Horse training file brings you the truth behind some long - held myths about horses and the music will keep you hummin' along
for another hour of great radio.
Joanne Wallace, daughter of Jack & Audrey Daines recording some
stories from the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship for this show.
Here's this week's song and poem list:
- Cowboy Way (Horses That Run Far Away) Bob Marshall
- My Heart Can't Stand Another Rodeo (When I Was A Cowboy)(CanCon) Tim Williams
- A Cowgirl's Life (A Woman's Place)(CanCon) Chelsea Cunningham
- Prairie Wind (Distant Furrows) Barry Ward
- You'll Never Know What Lonesome Is (Chant of the Wanderer) Don Edwards
- Poem: The Pleasures of Cow Camp - Mason Tibbs
Hear & watch the Spirit of the West!
Listen to the past few shows on our new
A big welcome to our newest station, CHLW The Bear 93.1 in Barriere, BC!
For more information, including a broadcast schedule,
and advertising information,
See the Spirit of the West page.
THE SPIRIT OF THE WEST is the best way
to use RADIO
to reach your customers
If you'd like to advertise on the SPIRIT OF THE WEST Radio show,
contact Gloria Fantin at GA Fantin Services -
The 2015 Spirit of the West Cruise is our 14th Anniversary Cruise,
and details are now on-line on the
2015 Itinerary and Diary page.