Click to listen to the Windows Media version of
The Spirit of the West
Download Windows Media Player
Watch the Spirit of the West in You Tube
Listen to the past few shows on our
On this week's program:
#21626 Weekend of June 25, 2016
This week Darrell Arnold, former editor of Western Horseman Magazine, describes the adventures he's had visiting and riding on many of
the biggest ranches of the west, horseback with a camera. Baxter Black has some solutions for the on going urban rural conflict when
ranchland gets subdivided into small acerages, there's a selection of some of the best music in the west, horse training advice and a
memorable piece of cowboy poetry.
Hugh's guests this week is Darrell Arnold,
former editor of Western Horseman Magazine.
Here's this week's song and poem list:
- We Are The Sons and The Daughers (Knockin'Down Fences)CanCon) Matt Johnston
- Love In The West (Under Blue Skies) Allan Chapman & Rodeo Kate
- Silent Lonely Rider (Creak of the Leather)(CanCon) Hugh McLennan
- Somethin' That A Cowboy Knows (Great American Cowboy) Sons of the San Joaquin
- Texas Cowboy (Tall Grass & Cool Water) Michael Martin Murphey
- Bring Back The Code (1880's Cowboys)(CanCon) Jim Reader
Hear & watch the Spirit of the West!
Listen to the past few shows on our new
A big welcome to our newest station
CFBX 92.5 FM from the TRU campus in Kamloops, BC!
For more information, including a broadcast schedule,
and advertising information,
See the Spirit of the West page.
THE SPIRIT OF THE WEST is the best way
to use RADIO
to reach your customers
If you'd like to advertise on the SPIRIT OF THE WEST Radio show,
contact Gloria Fantin at GA Fantin Services -
The 2017 Spirit of the West Cruise is our 16th Anniversary Cruise,
and details are now on-line on the
2016 Itinerary and Diary page.