Click to listen to the Windows Media version of
The Spirit of the West
Download Windows Media Player
Listen to the past few shows on our
On this week's program:
#21410 Weekend of March 8, 2014
A legend in the North American Cattle Industry, Bud McBride is Hugh's guest this week. Bud recalls riding in cattle cars
across the country taking show cattle from the west to some of the biggest shows in the east. Baxer Black takes aim at the
folks who blame climate change on agriculture and he really takes the gloves off. Hugh discusses the danger of to much
densitizing is not good for a horse and in fact can make him unsafe. The music this week is terrific and there's a special
piece of cowboy that salutes our gold medal winning teams.
Barb and Bud McBride in Hugh & Billie's Cabin on the Island Princess where
they recorded the interview.
Note the nice view outside the window.
Here's this week's song and poem list:
- Never Ride A Train (Too Hot To Handle) Red Hot Rhythm Wranglers.
- What's Needin' Done (From Time To Time)(CaCon) Tom Cole
- It's The Open Range For Me (Way Out Younder) Sons of the San Joaquin
- My Hockey Mom Bush Pilot Buckaroo (CanCon) Tim Hus
- Last Roundup (Have Gun Will Travel) Johnny Western
- Dream Team of The Cariboo (Knockin' Down Fences)(CanCon) Mike Puhallo
Hear & watch the Spirit of the West!
Listen to the past few shows on our new
For more information, including a broadcast schedule,
and advertising information,
See the Spirit of the West page.
THE SPIRIT OF THE WEST is the best way
to use RADIO
to reach your customers
If you'd like to advertise on the SPIRIT OF THE WEST Radio show,
contact Gloria Fantin at GA Fantin Services -
The 2015 Spirit of the West Cruise is our 14th Anniversary Cruise,
and details are now on-line on the
2014 Itinerary (Diary) page here.